alright guys and ghouls, here’s what you need to know for this month’s bike party!
1) if you have not ridden with us before, please read up on how we ride as well as general information about the events
2) bring lights and a spare inner tube. if you do not have these then Race Pace Bicycles is offering us a “Bike Party Package” deal, check it out! a helmet is also a good idea
3) eat something before you ride. even at our leisurely pace, if you are not used to getting around Baltimore on your bike, it will help you feel better over that last little hill!
4) wear a COSTUME! riding your bike is always more fun in costume. furthermore, there will be at costume CONTEST at the party. there will be judges on the ride and at the party choosing finalists for a costume showdown around 10:45. winners will be chosen by audience applause and prizes have been provided by Light Street Cycles.
5) bring money for food and drink! the event is free, but you’ll want some cash. we will have Kooper’s Chowhound Burger Wagon, Karlita’s, Mobile Food Truck, and Busia’s Kitchen providing food as well as $10 all-you-can-drink beer from our host, Union Craft Brewing, including a DEBUT seasonal red ale, “Rowhouse” on tap in the tasting room. a portion of Union’s sales come back to BBP so support bike party and your local brewery!
6) in order to keep lines down, Union Craft will have multiple lines selling wristbands for beer at the event, but they will also have a representative selling wristbands AT THE START (at the monument). same price, $10, cash only, but you can get your wristband before the ride and head straight for the beer when we get to the party!
7) yes, there WILL be a MOONBOUNCE
8) here is this month’s route http://goo.gl/maps/ibVEy
9) don’t forget to check out the video from last month’s ride!
i can’t wait to see all of you there! come on 1000!